PreNuptial Agreement $97.00
(Financial Agreement under to s90B Family Law act 1975)
Who should make a prenuptial agreement?
Any couple intending to marry, who wish to define their respective property rights and liabilities in the event of a relationship breakdown or the death of a partner.
The Prenup becomes a legal expression of the intent of the couple, who wish to set out how their property should be divided in the event of a marriage breakdown.
With the RP Emery Prenup Kit For just $97.00 you can spell out your rights and obligations in writing eliminating the burden of uncertainty.
A prenup allows an couple who are intending to marry to set out the division of their financial resources in the event that the relationship breaks down.
Talking about what would happen if you were to go your separate ways can be a touchy
subject, and it is understandable if you feel some anxiety in doing so.
However, if you can overcome this intitial discomfort and talk openly with your partner, defining your rights in advance can be a wise thing to do.
In fact practicing the skill of honest communication about important issues such as money, property, and family is more likely to bring you closer together and prevent divorce.
If you are not intending to get married you can still make a binding financial agreement under s90UB or s90UC.
A Word of Warning - If you are planning on getting married soon it is inadvisable to enter a prenuptial agreement within two weeks of your wedding. You won’t find this warning anywhere in the Act it’s just something our lawyers believe could go to proving undue influence. If time is short and there is not enough to formalise your agreement before the wedding you can always make a Post Nuptial Agreement after the wedding.
This comprehensive Pre Nuptial Financial Agreement Kit has been drafted to comply with section 90B of the Family Law Act 1975 and provides all the guidance you need to create a legally binding, protective Prenup.
Your financial agreement kit includes a comprehensive manual that explains the law as it applies to this agreement. It will show you in simple terms how to thoroughly cover important legal requirements, and how to complete your agreement in detail. In addition, it contains alternative legal clauses and provisions you can use to personalise your agreement.
- the Prenuptial Financial Agreement
- a Comprehensive User's Guide which answers most questions;
- access to the Exclusive Members area which takes you through the process step-by-step;
- Sample agreement – so you know what the completed agreement should look like;
- Sample clauses – help you to tailor the document to your own situation – just cut and paste!;
- a Bonus Will kit because you often need to update your Will after separation.
- Complimentary Agreement assessment – we check your draft agreement to ensure it's ready for the lawyers and the mandatory Legal Advice. This is how we save you thousands of dollars in legal fees.
- Access to fixed price Legal Advice so you can get your agreement certified without spending a fortune.
Important note: The Family Law Act requires each party to receive independent legal advice before signing the agreement. This ensures both parties fully comprehend their rights before entering the agreement and prevents misunderstandings.
Our financial agreement review service is available as an option with this agreement.
Sample Document Excerpt - click for larger image