Superannuation Agreement $197.00
For Australian families Superannuation (which is compulsory for most individuals) is a important part of long term wealth planning.
The Family Law Act 1975 makes provision for the splitting of superannuation assets between all separating couples. It makes no difference if you are a married couple or in a defacto relationship (hetero or same-sex), you can still divide your superannuation just like any other asset.
There are three ways to divide superannuation
- By Superannuation Agreement,
- By Court Orders,
- By Consent Orders.
What is a Superannuation Agreement?
It is a written agreement, which complies with Part VIII B of the Family Law Act 1975 specifically dealing with the payment splitting or dividing of a superannuation interest.
This type of document is usually used after the relationship has finished but it can be used at any stage (before or during) to flag an interest in the assets.
Superannuation Agreement were introduced so that couples can have an alternate way of dividing their super assets without the need to make application to the Family Court.
If the couple cannot come to an amicable arrangement about their Super, then the Court has the power to make the decision for them.
Important note: The Family Law Act stipulates that this type of agreement is binding only when
- it is signed by each party and
- it includes a certificate stating that each party has obtained independent legal advice before signing the agreement.
For more information on obtaining the required legal advice at a fixed Low Rate please see our Doc Review Service
Reaching an amiable arrangement regarding your Super Assets is advantageous because:-
- you stay in control of the process by making your own decisions and choices as to how your super should be split,
- you can bypass adversarial style court proceedings which can be drawn out and costly.
Professionally Drafted - Available Immediately
The Kit includes:
- The Superannuation Agreement (provided to you as an easy to edit MS Word Document)
- Plain English instruction guide and
- Sample agreement
- Friendly customer support
- and Bonus Last Will and Testament