Child Support Agreement Pack $119.95
Child Support Agreement Pack including Shared Parenting Plan
Going through a relationship breakdown is difficult, and when children are involved the issues become more complicated.
Separated parents (married or defacto) have a legal obligation to support their children (biological or adopted) financially and emotionally.
This Agreement allows you to document your child support arrangements clearly so that both parties understand their obligations. Having a written record in place decreases the potential for future conflict.
Flexibility to work out your own arrangement
Most people find that the arrangements that work best are those that the parents have negotiated between themselves.
Reaching an agreement about child support has many advantages;
- you decide your own arrangements
- you can avoid the financial and emotional toll of going to court
- you can foster more open communication with your ex which can lead to better conflict resolution in the future
- your continuing relationship with your former partner is likely be more harmonious
- you can get on with your life without the the stress of ongoing court proceedings.
The Child Support Agreement covers the financial aspects of caring for your children whilst the Parenting Plan covers other day to day aspects.
Our professionally drafted, easy to use Child Support Agreement Pack includes
You can download the kit immediately. The agreements are provided as a Microsoft Word which are easy to edit. Simply insert the correct information in the appropriate field and tab to the next. Then Save and Print.
There are two types of Child Support Agreements available - Limited and Binding Agreements.
This pack includes both types of agreements and also contains a Parenting Plan.
These are formal written agreements, signed by both parents. The parents are not required to seek legal advice before entering into this type of agreement but they must meet these two conditions: That they
- obtain a child support assessment from the Child Support Agency; and
- any amounts payable under the Limited Agreement must be equal to, or more than, the payments specified in the assessment.
These are also written and signed by both parents, but have the following differences to limited agreements:
- the parties must seek independent legal advice to enter or end the agreement
- they must obtain a Certificate of Advice from their lawyers and the actual agreement must also include an acknowledgement of this advice. Please note that you can use our Document Review Service to fulfil these obligations at a fixed rate.
- there is more flexibility regarding the amount of financial support that the parents decide on, including amounts less than the formula assessment
- the agreement can only be ended by a new binding agreement or a court order setting it aside
- there does not have to be a child support formula assessment already in place.
Binding agreements can include lump sum payments (including transfer of property) to be credited as child support instead of monthly cash or electronic payments.
There is more information regarding these two types of agreements in the documentation.
This document spells out the day to day arrangements of the sharing of childcare including:
- where the child/ren will reside,
- the time spent with each of their parents
- the arrangement of special event days such as birthdays, Christmas, and school holidays,
- how parents will make decisions about the care of their children.
The Parenting Plan covers issues that are separate to the financial considerations included in the Child Support Agreement.
Document Excerpt: Click to view
Download the Child Support Agreement / Parenting Plan Kit