RP Emery and Associates - Legal Publishers Since 1990
Category A-Z
HomeAbout UsBlogBusiness ContractsPeople and Relationship ContractsReal Estate ContractsCheck OutMembers

Transferring property in Northern Territory (NT)

1 Download and complete the Transfer from the Land Titles Office.

2 Send the completed Transferto the Revenue Office to be noted for stamp duty. 

If you are seeking an exemption of duty, for example, for a transfer being made pursuant to a binding Financial Agreement or for transfer of the matrimonial home, you may need to complete an exemption form and provide a copy of supporting documentation, such as your Financial Agreement or marriage certificate.

3– Lodge the following documents at the Land Titles Office once you have received the stamped Transfer Form back from the Revenue Office:-

  • Transfer Form;
  • Certificate of Title;
  • Fee;
  • Discharge of Mortgage (if applicable).

More Information

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the Land Titles Office, click here or telephone (08) 8999 6520

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the Revenue Office, click here or telephone (08) 8999 7406.

Links not working?

Please let us know if the links above are broken - We do our best but sometimes government departments move their information.

* This information is subject to change and is for your general information only.  It is not to be constituted as legal advice.  We cannot take any responsibility in regard to any transaction made. 

For more detailed information, contact the Land Titles Office or Office of State Revenue in your state directly about their requirements, forms and fees when transferring land.

Sign up to the Bottom Line